As always, our office is continuing to practice Standard Universal Precautions to protect our patients and our staff from any and all infectious diseases. These include but are not limited to wearing masks, gloves, glasses and lab coats. We also continue to thoroughly wash our hands between patients and disinfect all surfaces in our dental operatories.
Most of our scheduled patients currently have carious bacterial infections (cavities) and/or periodontal infections that need to be treated to prevent future pain and loss of teeth. We recommend that you have these necessary procedures treated as scheduled. And of course, if you have a dental emergency, we are available to help you! If you currently have an elective procedure scheduled (cosmetic work, whitening, partial dentures, sealants), we will be happy to reschedule you for a future date.
In light of our current Coronavirus situation we are implementing the following changes to increase social distancing and maintain the safety of our patients and staff. The following changes will take place immediately.
- All staff will be evaluated daily for fever and any other flu-like symptoms.
- Please stay home if you have any of the following symptoms
- Dry cough
- Fever over 100.4 degrees
- Feeling ill
- Shortness of breath
- Also, please stay home if
- You have been in contact with anyone with flu-like symptoms.
- You have been in close contact with someone who has been out of the country during the last 14 days.
- You have traveled out of the country during last 14 days
- You live in or recently traveled from an area with on-going spread of COVID-19. (Philadelphia, New Rochelle)
- You are immune-compromised or an at-risk category
- Social distancing will be maintained in our office. Therefore,
- Patients will not be sitting in the waiting room. We ask you to stay in your car and call us upon arrival at 717-532-4513. We will call you or text you when we are ready to escort you directly to your treatment room.
- You will be evaluated, treated and “checked out” in your private treatment room thus maintaining the CDC recommended social distancing guideline.
- Public areas, including door handles, chairs, and bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- Please feel free to contact our office at 717-532-4513 if you have any questions or concerns.
Gary S Davis, DDS